Twiddling my thumbs!

Twiddling my thumbs!
Just twiddling my thumbs!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Chisel restoration

 So, as promised sometime in the distant past, here are the chisels I'm restoring.
They've been abused and misused and left to decay.
That's the fixture I made to hold them at the proper angle on the surface grinder.
It is not possible to put enough coolant onto the chisel to keep from burning the tip, so I've abandoned the idea of using the surface grinder.






Here is the wheel I have found. That is a 2" square tube in the middle to approximate the new hub that I need to make. I may do a post about removing the old hub later. Suffice to say that the wheel is sound, no cracks, and that I can build myself a nice slow, wet, wheel with which to do hollow grinds on my chisels and other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment