Twiddling my thumbs!

Twiddling my thumbs!
Just twiddling my thumbs!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Probable new project

What you see here is the nifty new/old dust collector I got at an auction. Generally I get sad at auctions and this one was no exception. All of some guy's stuff laid out on display.
Anyway, I needed this kind of dust collector because the grinder generates sparks and all sorts of interesting things can come from sparks.  As you can see, it's connected to a funnel-like object that is suppose to suck all the dust in.



 Sometimes it's close to the wheel...
 ...and sometimes it's a bit farther away.


Now it's making sparks all the time, near and far, so it seems to me that there might be a more efficient way to do this.
 There's this convenient mounting point right here next to the wheel.
After I sawed out the broken area, this fitting might be a good basis for a dust collector end.
So now I let it percolate in my pea brain until I can get a better idea of what it's suppose to look like.

This is how projects start; sometimes they don't get finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment