Twiddling my thumbs!

Twiddling my thumbs!
Just twiddling my thumbs!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Time of Many Changes

The past two months have brought many changes to my life, the least of which is converting my old XP machine to Ubuntu, a user-friendly Linux. The important things like documents and photographs were easy. It took a couple of weeks to get the sound to work; I'm not happy with the fix, but I'm not going to knock success. The trackball is crippled, there are fixes out there but I'm tired of fighting computers and it works well enough. I got a refurbished machine for the shop running Win 8 that presents a completely different set of problems and frustration. Add to that a new version of QuickBooks and I feel like if I can remember my name, I'm doing well.
 Somewhere along the line I broke the tip off of one of the good kitchen knives.
It's good to know how to do stuff. I tried to take as little metal off as possible, so the drop to the point is a little steeper.
Working on knives gets me inspired to want to make a Fairbairn-Sykes style knife. http://www.fairbairnsykesfightingknives.com/
There are several examples of "field made" knives that I really can't resist trying one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment